Friday, February 13, 2009

Roaring through Raleigh

The Panthers took the Carolina Hurricanes by storm last night. I can't really say I was expecting things to turn out the way they did given the Panthers' record when playing at the RBC in Raleigh, NC. I remember thinking before the game started "This will probably be a really close one, it should be playoff-like." So, I turn on the game and watch the Panthers score first. Nathan Horton on a practically empty-net. I was glad, but I figured it was just luck. A few minutes later, Zednik scores. Florida is up 2-0 after the first period. I didn't want to be TOO optimistic, after all the Panthers have blown many leads in Raleigh before. Finally, the second period started and the Panthers start off taking penalties. I knew they were coming, the Panthers get calls o' plenty, especially against the Hurricanes. Vokoun came up BIG! He made some remarkable saves during the penalty kill and throughout the duration of the entire game. Then, all of a sudden, the Cats score two goals in 12 seconds. One by Anthony Stewart, the other by Gregory Campbell. I could not help but yell out "WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!" Even my sister came into my room to ask me what was going on! I started laughing and told her "CHECK THIS OUT! We're wrecking the Carolina Hurricanes!! I felt relieved and more comfortable now that the Cats had a 4-0 lead. Shortly afterward, Frolik scores to make it 5-0! At this point my sister and I were laughing and "WHOOOO-ing" at the same time. By the time the 3rd period rolled around all I kept hoping for was a shutout for Vokoun. He deserved one, and the Panthers got it!

No comments:

Post a Comment