Sunday, February 15, 2009

K.O.'ed by A.O.


When I saw that red light go off behind Vokoun as Alex Ovechkin scored with 2 and half minutes left in the 3rd period, I knew it was over. The Panthers were unable to even get one point out of today's game. This game was extremely frustrating for me to watch. As I sat there in my seat at the game after Ovechkin scored that goal, I could not figure out what pissed me off more: 1)Knowing that we could have and SHOULD have won this game if it weren't for our abysmal powerplay OR 2)Knowing that if the Panthers had just been able to hang on for only two more minutes that we would've at least come out of this one with a point. Seriously... 1 for 8 on the powerplay? The Panthers seriously need to improve this statistic if they want to advance once they're in the playoffs. I felt optimistic earlier in the game when the Cats tied it up at 2-2 from a 2-0 deficit, but Ovechkin is just unstoppable. His drive and passion for the game is amazing. If only the Panthers had a clutch player like that. A finisher.

I hope the Cats are able to just shake this one off and re-focus for Tuesday's game against the Devils. That one's not going to be easy either, New Jersey is one of the hottest teams in the league right now. Cats got a little help out of town so far tonight. The Hurricanes beat the Sabres, so that stops Buffalo from leaping over us and the Rangers lost to Philadelphia. Hopefully Montreal loses to Vancouver later on tonight.

2 comments:

  1. AO is too good. It's frustrating, and the fact that we play them three more times this season makes me think we have three more losses coming lol. I'm scared with NJ, CHI, BOS, and BOS as the next 4 games on the schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, this is a tough test coming up for the Panthers. Honestly though, the Capitals scare me more than the Bruins. I agree with you on thinking that the Cats will not beat Washington again this season. They (and Ovechkin) are just too good. If we make the playoffs I'd rather get matched up with ANYONE except them.

    ReplyDelete